Thu, Jun 01|
Ozark National Forest
Heartwork Ozark Mountains Adventure
Grab your backpack and join us in Arkansas' Ozark Mountains for some beautiful views as we Adventure through the wooded bluff country near Buffalo National River. This Adventure features drive-up tent-cabin camping.
Time & Location
Jun 01, 2023, 2:30 PM CDT – Jun 05, 2023, 10:00 AM CDT
Ozark National Forest, 12677 AR-43 S, Compton, AR 72624, USA
About the event
12 Spots: 1/12 spots filled.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - Moderate
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (cabins)
Closest Major Airport - Springfield-Branson National Airport (1hr 45 min)
This Heartwork Adventure will take place in the heart of the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas near Buffalo National River. You can expect to hear from both seasoned and fresh voices speaking to the core issues of every woman’s life, taking a whole-body, wholehearted approach to each topic. If you long to become the woman God created you to be, or if you’re just sure there’s more to this thing called Life but haven’t a clue where to begin, this trip is for you. Come and join us as we bask in the beauty of the Ozarks on our day hikes, lean into the heart of Jesus with a mug of coffee in moments of quiet, experience intimate times of worship around the campfire, and devour delicious food to fuel our bodies and feed our souls. Over the course of this incredible weekend, we’ll have awesome conversations, definitely share some laughs, and maybe even shed a few tears as we link arms and join hearts in this journey of the mind, body, and soul called Heartwork.
- Check in starts at 2:30pm on Thursday, June 1st and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 10:00am on Monday, June 5th.
- The average high in the Ozark Mountains during early June is around 80 degrees Fahrenheit with an average low in the mid 60's Fahrenheit. June in the Ozarks will bring the occasional rain shower. Please utilize this information to pack weather-appropriate clothing (like rain gear) and bedding.
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at the Low Gap Cafe (it's much more than a cafe) in Jasper, AR. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $30 - $40.
- JB's Campground is a privately help campground. The cost of the campground IS COVERED in your registration.
- Tents & sleeping pads are NOT provided. Each participant will need to bring their own tent and sleeping pad.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our JB's Campground meeting place.
- After your arrival, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- Bedding/Sleeping Bag
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair (portable backpacking chairs are great)
- Weather Appropiate Clothing
- Toiletries & Linens
- Large Case of Water
- Extra money for Last Supper ($30-$40 recommended)
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Coffee Mug (If you're a coffee drinker)
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles (can be helpful for wear & tear on your knees)
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
Physical Fitness Recommendation
This is VERY important. The Ozark Mountain Adventure features two days of moderate to strenuous hiking. Each of our day hikes feature in excess of 1100ft of elevation gain. While Heartwork always pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady hiking pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude women from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Heartwork Adventures (a subsidiary ministry of the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization Man Up Adventures Inc.) does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Heartwork Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in our Heartwork Adventure, you hereby release and forever discharge Heartwork Adventures (Man-Up Adventures Inc.) from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Heartwork Adventures (Man-Up Adventures).
While we are familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, we reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We (any person representing Heartwork or Man Up Adventures Inc. in an official capacity) are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of Arkansas, Ozark National Forest, Buffalo National River, JB's Campground & Trading Post, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Heartwork Adventure$495.00+$12.38 service fee