Thu, Sep 05|
Heartwork Forestville Campfire
Join us in the tree-blanketed Forestville State Park in Minnesota for a brand-new Heartwork Campfire experience, with cozy cabins, optional low-intensity day hikes, and evenings around the campfire.
Time & Location
Sep 05, 2024, 4:00 PM CDT – Sep 09, 2024, 9:00 AM CDT
Forestville, 21071 County Rd 118, Preston, MN 55965, USA
About the event
12 Spots: 0/12 spots filled.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - Easy/Optional
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (cabins)
Closest Major Airport - Rochester International Airport, Minneapolis - Saint Paul International Airport
This Heartwork Campfire will take place in historic Forestville State Park in southwestern Minnesota. You can expect to hear from both seasoned and fresh voices speaking to the core issues of every woman’s life, taking a whole-body, wholehearted approach to each topic. If you long to become the woman God created you to be, or if you’re just sure there’s more to this thing called Life but haven’t a clue where to begin, this trip is for you. Come and join us as we bask in the beauty of nature, lean into the heart of Jesus with a mug of coffee in moments of quiet, experience intimate times of worship around the campfire, and devour delicious food to fuel our bodies and feed our souls. Over the course of this incredible weekend, we’ll have awesome conversations, definitely share some laughs, and maybe even shed a few tears as we link arms and join hearts in this journey of the mind, body, and soul called Heartwork.
- Check in starts at 4:00pm on Thursday, September 5th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 9:00am on Monday, September 9th.
- The average high in southwestern Minnesota during early September is 75 degrees Fahrenheit, with an average low of 52 degrees Fahrenheit. September can also bring the threat of precipitation, so please pack weather-appropriate clothing like rain gear.
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at a local restaurant. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $25 - $35.
- Forestville State Park is a fee area. The cost of entering the park is NOT covered in your registration. Daily passes are $7/day ($28 total for the 4-day trip), or, if you live in/near Minnesota, an annual pass is $35.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our Forestville State Park meeting place.
- Once at the Park, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- Bedding/Sleeping Bag
- Quality Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair
- Weather Appropiate Clothing
- Toiletries & Linens
- Large Case of Water
- Extra money for Last Supper ($25-$35 recommended)
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Coffee/Tea Mug
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
Physical Fitness Recommendation
While the Forestville Campfire is designed to meet the needs of women who are not able to participate in our more demanding Heartwork Adventures due to physical limitations, it is important to note that all registrants must be in good general health and be able to physically care for themselves without any assistance. This includes being able to move from place to place without assistance from another person or walking aids. The cabins in Forestville State Park are NOT handicap accessible.
While our goal is not to exclude women from participating in our Campfires, we strongly encourage each woman to make an honest self-evaluation prior to making the decision to register. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that are inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Heartwork Adventures (a subsidiary ministry of the 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry Man Up Adventures Inc.) does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Heartwork Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in our Heartwork Adventure, you hereby release and forever discharge Heartwork Adventures (Man-Up Adventures Inc.) from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Heartwork Adventures (Man-Up Adventures).
While we are familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, we reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We (any person representing Heartwork or Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of Minnesota, Forestville State Park, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
- Ticket type
+$13.73 service fee+$13.73 service fee