Thu, Jun 06|
Custer State Park
2024 Tier 1 Black Hills Adventure - Parkway Church
Join us in South Dakota's legendary Custer State Park for the Man Up Adventures experience that started the whole movement. Along with incredibly scenic hikes, this Tier 1 Signature Adventure features cabins.
Time & Location
Jun 06, 2024, 4:00 PM MDT – Jun 10, 2024, 9:00 AM MDT
Custer State Park, 12882 N Lame Johnny Rd, Custer, SD 57730, USA
About the event
20 Spots: 19/20 spots filled.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - Moderate
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (cabins)
Closest Major Airport - Rapid City Regional Airport
Our Adventure will take place in the heart of the Black Hills of South Dakota inside of Custer State Park. The trip will feature hiking Adventures, meaningful times of worship, a service on Sunday morning, passionate mini-sessions, campfire talks, morning devotions, great food, and even better fellowship. Your registration includes four nights of lodging in a cabin, all camp meals (including campfire snacks), guided* adventure, and event registration.
- Check in starts at 4:00pm on Thursday, June 6th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 11:00am on Monday, June 10th.
- The average high in Custer, SD during early June is 68 degrees Fahrenheit (great for hiking), with an average low of 48 degrees Fahrenheit (great for campfires). June also sees the occasional rain shower, so please pack weather-appropriate clothing like rain gear and base layers.
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at a local restaurant. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $25 - $35.
- Custer State Park is a fee area. The cost of entering the park is NOTcovered in your registration. A 7-day park permit is $20/vehicle. We strongly encourage carpooling - so make sure you bring some friends!
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our Custer State Park meeting place.
- Once at the Park, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- Bedding/Sleeping Bag
- Bath Towel/Washcloth
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair
- Weather Appropiate Clothing
- Large Case of Water
- Extra money for Last Supper ($25-$35 recommended)
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Coffee Mug (If you're a coffee drinker)
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
- Electrolyte tablets or powder
Physical Fitness Recommendation
The Black Hills Adventure features two days of moderate/strenuous hiking. Our first day's Adventure features approximately 1500ft of vertical elevation gain and 8 miles of roundtrip hiking. While Man Up Adventures pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady hiking pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude men from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Man-Up Adventures does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Man-Up Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in Man-Up Adventures, you hereby release and forever discharge Man-Up Adventures from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Man-Up Adventures.
While we are very familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, We (Nathan & Galen & any other person representing Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of South Dakota, Custer State Park, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
- Ticket type
Man Up AdventurePrice$495.00
+$12.38 service fee+$12.38 service fee