Thu, Jan 11|
Island Park, ID
2024 Man Up Winter Retreat
Grab your snowshoes (or rent ours), and join us just outside of Yellowstone National Park for a restorative time outdoors and around the fireplace in winter wonderland of Island Park, Idaho. Features different lesson content that our Tier 1 & 2 trips.
Time & Location
Jan 11, 2024, 5:00 PM MST – Jan 16, 2024, 5:00 PM MST
Island Park, ID, Island Park, ID, USA
About the event
11 Spots: 5/11 spots filled.
Curriculum - Retreat
Snowshoeing Difficulty - Moderate
Lodging - Log Lodge
Closest Major Airports - Idaho Falls Regional Airport (1hr 15min), Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (2hr 15min), Jackson Hole Airport (2hr 15min)
Guides: Nathan Thompson & Galen Thompson
Our Retreat will take place just outside of Yellowstone National Park in the epic winter landscape of Island Park, Idaho. The trip will feature snowshoeing excursions (complete with steaming hot chocolate and incredible views... at the same time), meaningful times of worship, brand new lesson content tailored specifically for the Retreat setting, time and space for journaling and reflection, fireplace talks, morning devotions, great food, and even better fellowship. Your registration includes four nights of lodging in the log lodge, all meals (including snacks), guided* adventure, and event registration.
- Check in starts at 5:00pm on Thursday, January 11th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 10:00am on Monday, January 16th.
- We will be making daily snowshoeing forays, so packing appropriate layering for our activity will be very important. You can pack the standard winter coat and snowpants, but for the best layering setup, we advise reading the "mid-high intensity" portion of THIS ARTICLE (it's a short, but informative read) to optimize your layers for our activity.
- Snowshoes will be necessary for each participant. You can bring your own, or choose to rent ours.
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at a local restaurant. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $30 - $40.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our Island Park, Idaho meeting place.
- The general area that we will be basing out of gets a lot of snow. All-wheel drive or four-wheel drive vehicles are recommended for the best driving experience.
- After you arrive there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
Beyond the lodging, lesson content, meals, snacks, and guided* Adventure, the following items are also provided:
- Man Up Journal & Pen
- Snowshoes (or rent ours)
- Winter outdoor clothes
- Winter hat, gloves, & boots
- Small Backpack/Daypack
- Large Case of Water
- Extra money for Last Supper ($30-$40 recommended)
- Sun Screen
- Chap Stick
Extras You May Want
- Any special/extra snacks you really love
Physical Fitness Recommendation
Snowshoeing is a mid-high level intensity activity. While none of our snowshoe forays will be in excess of approximately 3 miles, and we won't be racing through the trail, it's important to note that snowshoeing is a higher level of cardio than hiking. While Man Up Adventures always pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady snowshoeing pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude men from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Retreat. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that occur inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Man-Up Adventures does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Man-Up Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in Man-Up Adventures, you hereby release and forever discharge Man-Up Adventures from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Man-Up Adventures.
While we are very familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, We (Nathan & Galen & any other person representing Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We are not associated with, nor do we represent, any National Park, National Forest Service, State Park, or the States of Idaho or Montana, or any of their entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Man Up Retreat$525.00+$13.13 service fee