Thu, Jul 13|
State Forest State Park
2023 Tier 1 Colorado Adventure
Grab your stamina and some oxygen and join us in Colorado's fabled Never Summer Mountains for some hiking-intensive, high elevation Adventure just outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. This Tier 1 Adventure features drive-up tent camping.
Time & Location
Jul 13, 2023, 3:00 PM MDT – Jul 17, 2023, 11:00 AM MDT
State Forest State Park, Walden, CO 80480, USA
About the event
20 Spots: 20/20 spots filled. This trip is FULL.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - STRENUOUS
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (tents)
Closest Major Airport - Denver International Airport (3 hrs)
Guides: Nathan Thompson, Louis Brown, & Kelvin Wells
Our Colorado Adventure will take place in the Never Summer Mountains near the remote northwestern boundary of Rocky Mountain National Park. The trip will feature hiking Adventures, meaningful times of worship, a service on Sunday morning, passionate mini-sessions, campfire talks, morning devotions, great food, and even better fellowship. Your registration includes four nights of lodging in a cabin, all camp meals (including campfire snacks), guided* adventure, and event registration.
- Check in starts at 3:00pm on Thursday, July 13th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 11:00am on Monday, July 17th.
- The average high in the area during the time of our Adventure is around 75 degrees Fahrenheit (great for Adventure), with an average low around 50. (great for campfires). Rain is always a possibility at high elevations. Please utilize this information to pack weather-appropriate clothing. You will need a weather resistant outer layer (rain gear) during our daily Adventures.
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening in Walden, CO. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $20 - $30.
- The Crags Campground is a Colorado State Park fee area. The cost of the campground IS COVERED in your registration.
- State Forest State Park itself is a fee area. The cost of entering the park is NOT covered in your registration. A daily park permit is $9/vehicle per day, for a total of $36 over the course of our time together. This fee is paid upon State Forest State Park arrival via cash or check.
- Tents & sleeping pads are NOT provided. Each participant will need to bring their own tent and sleeping pad.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our meeting place at The Crags Campground.
- After your arrival, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad/Air Mattress
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair (packable backpacking chairs are really nice to have)
- Weather Appropiate Clothing
- Rain Gear
- Large Case of Water
- Sun Screen
- Coffee Mug
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles (can be helpful for wear & tear on your knees)
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
- Bug Spray
- Chap Stick
- Body Wipes
Physical Fitness Recommendation
This is VERY important. The Colorado Adventure features three days of STRENUOUS hiking. We will spend the majority of our time above 10,000ft moving over very scenic mountainous terrain. Our first day's Adventure features 8 miles of hiking with 1100ft of elevation gain, while our second day's Adventure features 10 miles of hiking with an elevation gain of 2000ft. Our third day of hiking will be a little over 3 miles of hiking with nearly 700ft of elevation gain. This brings the total trip hiking distance to 21+ miles, with nearly 4000ft of elevation gain. Please don't show up without taking the iniative of preparing yourself for the physicality trip.
While Man Up Adventures always pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady hiking pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude men from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Man-Up Adventures does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Man-Up Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in Man-Up Adventures, you hereby release and forever discharge Man-Up Adventures from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Man-Up Adventures.
While we are very familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, We (Nathan & Galen & any other person representing Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of Colorado, Roosevelt National Forest, Rocky Mountain National Park, State Forest State Park, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Man Up Adventure$495.00+$12.38 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out