Thu, Jun 29|
Big Horn National Forest
2023 Tier 1 Big Horn Mountains Adventure
Gather your friends and come Adventure with us through some of the most quintessentially Western, wide-open, Wyoming wilderness a man can find. This Tier 1 Signature Adventure features drive-up tent camping.
Time & Location
Jun 29, 2023, 2:30 PM MDT – Jul 03, 2023, 12:00 PM MDT
Big Horn National Forest, Bighorn National Forest, Forest Road #136, Lovell, WY 82431, USA
About the event
20 Spots: 14/20 spots filled.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - Moderate
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (tents)
Closest Major Airport - Billings-Logan International Airport (2 hrs 20min)
Guides: Nathan Thompson & Les Cotton
Our Adventure will take place on top of the Big Horn Mountains in northern Wyoming. The trip will feature hiking Adventures, meaningful times of worship, a service on Sunday morning, passionate mini-sessions, campfire talks, morning devotions, great food, and even better fellowship. Your registration includes four nights of lodging at a campground, all camp meals (including campfire snacks), guided* adventure, and event registration.
- Check in starts at 2:30pm on Thursday, June 29th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 12:00pm on Monday, July 3rd.
- The average high in the Big Horn Mountains during our trip is 68 degrees Fahrenheit (great for hiking), with an average low of 40 degrees Fahrenheit (great for campfires). June in the Big Horns will bring the possibility of an occassional rain shower. Please utilize this information to pack weather-appropriate clothing (like rain gear & base layers) and bedding. You will need WARM clothes and bedding for the evenings!
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at Bear Lodge in Burgess Junction. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $20 - $25.
- Porcupine Campground is a National Forest Service fee area. The cost of the campground IS COVERED in your registration.
- Tents & sleeping pads are NOT provided. Each participant will need to bring their own tent and sleeping pad.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our Porcupine Campground meeting place.
- After your arrival, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- WARM Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad/Air Mattress (don't forget your battery operated pump if you go this route)
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair
- Weather Appropiate Clothing (think layers for the evenings)
- Large Case of Water
- Extra $ for meal at Bear Lodge ($20-$25 recommended)
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Chap Stick
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles (can be helpful for wear & tear on your knees)
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
- Bug Spray
- Body Wipes
Physical Fitness Recommendation
This is VERY important. The Big Horn Mountain Adventure features three days of moderate/strenuous hiking. We will spend the majority of our time above 9000ft. Our first day's Adventure features 1500ft of elevation gain (to a final elevation of 9500ft). While Man Up Adventures always pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady hiking pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude men from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Man-Up Adventures does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Man-Up Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in Man-Up Adventures, you hereby release and forever discharge Man-Up Adventures from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Man-Up Adventures.
While we are very familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, We (Nathan & Galen & any other person representing Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of Wyoming, Big Horn National Forest, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Man Up Adventure$495.00+$12.38 service fee