Thu, Sep 07|
Custer State Park
2023 Black Hills Campfire
Join us in South Dakota for a brand new Campfire experience at Custer State Park. Experience the outdoors and the Man Up Tier 1 curriculum in the physically-dialed back Man Up Campfire environment. This trip features cabins.
Time & Location
Sep 07, 2023, 4:00 PM MDT – Sep 11, 2023, 11:00 AM MDT
Custer State Park, 12882 N Lame Johnny Rd, Custer, SD 57730, USA
About the event
20 Spots: 20/20 spots filled. This trip is FULL.
Curriculum - Campfire
Hiking Difficulty - Easy & Optional
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (cabins)
Closest Major Airport - Rapid City Regional Airport
Guides: Nathan Thompson & Scott Leonardson
Our Campfire will take place in the heart of the Black Hills of South Dakota inside of Custer State Park. The Man Up Campfire offers attendees a more laid back approach (day-hikes are optional), while still providing each man the relevant and powerful Biblical teaching that will lead them into authentic Biblical manhood. In addition to the optional dialed-back day hikes, each participant will experience meaningful times of worship, a service on Sunday morning, passionate mini-sessions, campfire talks, morning devotions, great food, and even better fellowship.
- Check in starts at 4:00pm on Thursday, September 7th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 11:00am on Monday, September 11th.
- The average high in Custer, SD during early September is 75 degrees Fahrenheit (great for hiking), with an average low of 50 degrees Fahrenheit (great for campfires). September in Custer State Park will produce the occasional rain shower, so please pack weather-appropriate clothing.
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at a local restaurant. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $25 - $35.
- Custer State Park is a fee area. The cost of entering the park is NOTcovered in your registration. A 7-day park permit is $20/vehicle. We strongly encourage carpooling - so make sure you bring some friends!
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our Custer State Park meeting place.
- Once at the Park, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- Bedding/Sleeping Bag
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair
- Weather Appropiate Clothing
- Large Case of Water
- Extra money for Last Supper ($25-$35 recommended)
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Coffee Mug (If you're a coffee drinker)
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles (helpful in taking pressure off the knees)
- Chap Stick
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
Physical Fitness Recommendation
While the Black Hills Campfire is designed to meet the needs of men who cannot participate in our more demanding Man Up Adventures due to physical limitations, it is important to note that all registrants must be in good general health and be able to physically care for themselves without any assistance. This includes being able to move from place to place without assistance from another person or walking aids. The cabins in Custer State Park are NOT handicap accessible.
While our goal is not to exclude men from participating in our Campfires, we strongly encourage each man to make an honest self-evaluation prior to making the decision to register. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Man-Up Adventures does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Man-Up Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in Man-Up Adventures, you hereby release and forever discharge Man-Up Adventures from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Man-Up Adventures.
While we are very familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, We (Nathan & Galen & any other person representing Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of South Dakota, Custer State Park, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Man Up Campfire$495.00+$12.38 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out