Thu, Aug 03|
Location is TBD
Heartwork Big Horn Mountains Adventure
Join us in Wyoming's legendary Big Horn Mountains for this Heartwork Adventure experience. Along with incredibly scenic hikes and great teaching, this Adventure features tents.
Time & Location
Aug 03, 2023, 2:30 PM MDT – Aug 07, 2023, 12:00 PM MDT
Location is TBD
About the event
20 Spots: 7/20 spots filled.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - Moderate
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (tents)
Closest Major Airport - Billings-Logan International Airport (2 hrs 20min)
You can expect to hear from both seasoned and fresh voices speaking to the core issues of every woman’s life, taking a whole-body, wholehearted approach to each topic. If you long to become the woman God created you to be, or if you’re just sure there’s more to this thing called Life but haven’t a clue where to begin, this trip is for you. Come and join us as we bask in the beauty of Wyoming on our day hikes, lean into the heart of Jesus with a mug of coffee in moments of quiet, experience intimate times of worship around the campfire, and devour delicious food to fuel our bodies and feed our souls. Over the course of this incredible weekend, we’ll have awesome conversations, definitely share some laughs, and maybe even shed a few tears as we link arms and join hearts in this journey of the mind, body, and soul called Heartwork.
- Check in starts at 2:30pm on Thursday, August 3rd and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 12:00pm on Monday, August 7th.
- The average high in the Big Horn Mountains during our trip is 77 degrees Fahrenheit (great for hiking), with an average low of 50 degrees Fahrenheit (great for campfires). August in the Wyoming will bring the possibility of an occassional rain shower. Please utilize this information to pack weather-appropriate clothing (like rain gear & base layers) and bedding. You will need WARM clothes and bedding for the evenings!
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at local restauranat. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $20 - $25.
- Tents & sleeping pads are NOT provided. Each participant will need to bring their own tent and sleeping pad.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our meeting place.
- After your arrival, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- WARM Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad/Air Mattress (don't forget your battery operated pump if you go this route)
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camp Chair
- Weather Appropiate Clothing (think layers for the evenings)
- Large Case of Water
- Extra $ for meal at Bear Lodge ($20-$25 recommended)
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Chap Stick
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles (can be helpful for wear & tear on your knees)
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
- Bug Spray
- Body Wipes
Physical Fitness Recommendation
This is VERY important. This Adventure features three days of moderate/strenuous hiking. While Heartwork always pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady hiking pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude women from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Heartwork Adventures (a subsidiary ministry of the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization Man Up Adventures Inc.) does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Heartwork Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in our Heartwork Adventure, you hereby release and forever discharge Heartwork Adventures (Man-Up Adventures Inc.) from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Heartwork Adventures (Man-Up Adventures).
While we are familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, we reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We (any person representing Heartwork or Man Up Adventures Inc. in an official capacity) are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of Wyoming, Big Horn National Forest, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Heartwork Adventure$495.00+$12.38 service fee