Thu, Oct 17|
Ozark National Forest
2024 Tier 1 Ozark Mountains Adventure
Grab your backpack and join us in Arkansas' Ozark Mountains for some surprisingly big views as we Adventure through the wooded bluff country near Buffalo National River. This Tier 1 Adventure features drive-up tent camping.
Time & Location
Oct 17, 2024, 2:30 PM CDT – Oct 21, 2024, 2:30 PM CDT
Ozark National Forest, 12677 AR-43, Compton, AR 72624, USA
About the event
20 Spots: 5/20 spots filled.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - Moderate
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (tents)
Closest Major Airport - Springfield-Branson National Airport (1hr 45 min)
Our Adventure will take place in the Ozark Mountains of northern Arkansas near the Buffalo National River. The trip will feature meaningful times of worship, a service on Sunday morning, passionate mini-sessions, campfire talks, morning devotions, great food, and even better fellowship. Your registration includes four nights at a private campground, all camp meals (including campfire snacks), and event registration.
- Check in starts at 2:30pm on Thursday, October 17th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 10:00am on Monday, October 21st.
- The average high in the Ozark Mountains during mid October is around 70 degrees Fahrenheit with an average low of 50 degrees Fahrenheit. October in the Ozarks will bring the occasional rain shower. Please utilize this information to pack weather-appropriate clothing (like rain gear) and bedding.
- We will be eating our supper together on Sunday evening at a local restaurant. The cost of this meal is NOT covered in the registration costs. Estimated cost of this meal is $25- $35.
- JB's Campground is a privately help campground. The cost of the campground IS COVERED in your registration.
- Tents & sleeping pads are NOT provided. Each participant will need to bring their own tent and sleeping pad.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our JB's Campground meeting place.
- After your arrival, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- Bedding/Sleeping Bag
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair (portable backpacking chairs are great)
- Weather Appropiate Clothing
- Toiletries & Linens
- Large Case of Water
- Extra money for Last Supper ($30-$40 recommended)
- Rain Gear
- Sun Screen
- Bug Spray
- Coffee Mug (If you're a coffee drinker)
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles (can be helpful for wear & tear on your knees)
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
Physical Fitness Recommendation
This is very important. The Ozark Mountain Adventure features two days of moderate hiking. While Man Up Adventures always pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady hiking pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude men from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Man-Up Adventures does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Man-Up Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in Man-Up Adventures, you hereby release and forever discharge Man-Up Adventures from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Man-Up Adventures.
While we are very familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, We (Nathan & Galen & any other person representing Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of Arkansas, Ozark National Forest, Buffalo National River, JB's Campground & Trading Company, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Man Up Adventure$549.00+$13.73 service fee