Thu, Sep 28|
Redrock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
2023 Tier 1 Centennial Mountains Adventure
Join us in southwest Montana in one of the last remaining intact and relatively undeveloped landscapes of the West. This remote Tier 1 Adventure features breathtaking views, and forays into epic wilderness. This trip features drive-up camping.
Time & Location
Sep 28, 2023, 2:30 PM MDT – Oct 02, 2023, 10:00 AM MDT
Redrock Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, Lima, MT 59739, USA
About the event
20 Spots: 20/20 spots filled.
Curriculum - Tier 1
Hiking Difficulty - Moderate
Lodging - Drive-up Camping (tents)
Closest Major Airport - Closest Major Airports - Idaho Falls Regional Airport (2hrs 30min), Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport (2hr 45min)
Guides: Nathan Thompson, Galen Thompson, & Aaron Wright
Our Centennial Mountains Adventure will take place in the remote Centennial Mountains in wild southwestern Montana. The trip will feature hiking Adventures, meaningful times of worship, a service on Sunday morning, passionate mini-sessions, campfire talks, morning devotions, great food, and even better fellowship. Your registration includes four nights at a campground, all camp meals (including campfire snacks), guided* adventure, and event registration.
- Check in starts at 2:30pm on Thursday, September 28th and, for those who would like to stay as late as possible, check-out is no later than 10:00am on Monday, October 2nd.
- The average high in the area during the time of our Adventure is around 55 degrees Fahrenheit (great for Adventure), with an average low around 30 degrees Farenheit (great for campfires). Rain is always a possibility at high elevations. Please utilize this information to pack weather-appropriate clothing. You will need a weather resistant outer layer (rain gear) during our daily Adventures and warm base layers during the evenings. For the best layering setup, we advise reading THIS ARTICLE (the "Cold-weather layers" section will apply to this specific trip) to optimize your layers for our activity.
- Due to the driving distance to the closest restaurant, we will be holding a special edition of our Last Supper on Sunday night at our basecamp. The cost of this meal is $20, and IS COVERED in your registration costs. That is why this specific trip is $20 more expensive that all of our other trips.
- The Upper Lake Campground is a Montana State Conservation fee area. The cost of the campground IS COVERED in your registration.
- Tents & sleeping pads are NOT provided. Each participant will need to bring their own tent and sleeping pad.
- Each registrant/group attending is responsible for their own transportation to and from our meeting place. Due to the remote nature of our meeting place we will offer a pre-trip meet-up at a set time and location on Thursday afternoon for participants to follow us in to our basecamp location.
- Due to the remote nature of our basecamp and the possibility of snow, we recommend that participants bring or rent all-wheel drive or four-wheel drive vehicles for the best driving experience into basecamp.
- After your arrival, there will be brief times of traveling to get to some of our Adventure locations. We will need registrants to volunteer to drive their vehicles in a manner that is best conducive to carpooling.
- WARM Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad/Air Mattress
- Good Hiking Boots/Shoes
- Camping Chair (packable backpacking chairs are really nice to have)
- Weather Appropiate Clothing
- Rain Gear
- Large Case of Water
- Sun Screen
- Chap Stick
- Coffee Mug
Extras You May Want
- Trekking Poles (can be helpful for wear & tear on your knees)
- Extra Snacks
- Pocket Knife
- Bug Spray
- Chap Stick
- Body Wipes
Physical Fitness Recommendation
This is important. The Colorado Adventure features three days of hiking in mountainous terrain. While our basecamp area will be located in a high valley, please note that our hiking will take place in the surrounding mountains. Please don't show up without taking the iniative of preparing yourself for the physicality trip. Participating in frequent cardio activity beginning in the months prior to arrival is highly recommended.
While Man Up Adventures always pledges to maintain a safe trailside environment, we also acknowledge that keeping a steady hiking pace is most advantageous for the group as a whole. Because of this we ask that all participants undergo the necessary training prior to the Adventure. While our goal is not to exclude men from participating in our Adventures, for the sake of group dynamics and the respect of your fellow Adventurers, we strongly encourage each participant to honestly evaluate their level of physical fitness prior to registering. Although we are not licensed medical professionals, we reserve the right to ask you not to participate if we feel that your health is at risk.
We offer a full refund (minus a $50 processing and registration fee) to those who cancel anytime up until 90 days prior to the Adventure. Due to the up-front costs involved in preparing for such trips, cancellations that inside of 90 days of the trip date are non-refundable. Due to the need for mutual commitment, this policy is firm. When registering for one of our trips, each participant signs off that they've read and understood the above Cancellation Policy.
* Man-Up Adventures does not provide liability or any kind of insurance for protection of individuals, groups, organizations, or others who may participate in a Man-Up Adventure.
In consideration for your participation in Man-Up Adventures, you hereby release and forever discharge Man-Up Adventures from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands for, upon or by reason of any damage, loss or injury, which hereafter may be sustained by participating in Man-Up Adventures.
While we are very familiar with the geographical terrain that our group will be Adventuring over, We (Nathan & Galen & any other person representing Man Up Adventures in an official capacity) reserve the right to use the term "Guide" loosely. We are not associated with, nor do we represent, the State of Colorado, Roosevelt National Forest, Rocky Mountain National Park, State Forest State Park, or any of its entities, and are not registered outdoor "guides" with any lodge, company, or outfitting group.
Secure Your Spot
Man Up Adventure + Last Supper
This trip includes the price of the Last Supper in its cost. That's why this trip is $20 more than all of our other Adventures.$515.00+$12.88 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out